Office volunteering is an easy way to jump in quickly to support our hospice, and we work with your schedule to find a convenient time. Office volunteering is flexible and open to students who are looking for hours to complete class requirements, as well as volunteers who are not interested in driving or visiting patients. There’s always plenty to do in the office.
As an Office Volunteer at Mission Hospice you will provide essential services to assist our field and administrative staff. We often have as many as 140 patients on our service and the flow of information amongst team members is vital to the care of our patients and families.
Your generous contribution of time and talent will directly influence our care, bringing quality of life to patients in the last stages of terminal illness and the families who love and care for them. Office Volunteers also assist our bereavement department bringing comfort to grieving family members through mailings and community outreach referrals.
Office Volunteer requirements:
– Must be over 16 years of age (16 – 18 with parental consent)
– Volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per week
– Clean background check
– Maintain strict confidentiality
Services you may provide as an Office Volunteer:
– Assisting bereavement department
– Helping with chart audits
– Making copies and replenishing form supplies
– Sending out mailings
– Supporting our field staff with information and paperwork